Most of last night was full of tears, happy tears. I am so happy and so grateful for the place I'm in as 2015 is coming to an end.
Three jobs and a new home later, 2015 was my most trying but bravest year yet. The craziest part of it all, is that somehow I came out on top. I've never been so happy or felt so full. I tell Mike at least once a week that it's almost scary how well things worked out and that I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
But it hasn't.
This year I...
- Started a blog. This blog right here. I haven't even scratched the surface of what I want to do with this little corner of the Internet but I'm so glad it's here and that it's mine!
- Watched my little baby puppy turn four. I hate saying that out loud because I really wish she would stop getting older. I'd be lost with out her.
- Survived Lilly for Target
- Landed my "dream job" since college... And then left when I realized it wasn't my dream anymore.
- Drove to VA to meet Reed Henry & Maren Elizabeth and went to more than my fair share of country concerts with the best family a girl could ask for.
- Turned twenty-five!!
- Stood beside my best friend since the second grade as she married the love of her life.
- Experimented with A LOT of vegan food and completed a 30 day green smoothie challenge.
- Bought my first DSLR camera!!!!
This year we...
- Celebrated how lucky we are to have found love and fallen more, each day, for five whole years. I couldn't ask for a better team mate. Mjdonn... I love you more than you will ever know.
- Moved to a BEAUTIFUL new apartment with A BEDROOM! I'm so proud of us and the little victories we've had this year...even on the days this city makes us feel so small.
- Successfully built A LOT of ikea furniture w/o a single argument! :)
- Watched our favorite team bring home another super bowl ring. (#titletown) /// Proved Tom Brady is the king of all kings and was never and will never be a cheater. ;-)
2015... You certainly threw me for a loop but I'm stronger and braver and happier than ever because of it.
I've been reading a lot of bloggers talk about how they're not playing into the whole resolution thing anymore. Their argument: That the whole "new year, new you" thing is a crock. And why should we have to wait for January 1 to make a resolution?
While I don't disagree with those statements I do see January 1 as the ultimate "refresh", if you will. After all, the calendar is one of the largest metrics for time. I follow a NYC fitness blogger (Evann Clingan) who has not only ditched resolutions but offered an inspiring solution. She gives each new year a word. One word to frame the year. I'm in love with this idea and have decided to jump on the band wagon!
I am so lucky. So so lucky. 2015 was an emotional roller coaster full of scary and exciting leaps of faith. And thanks to those leaps of faith, the best family, the most supportive friends, the most amazing guy and a little white puppy, my heart is full and I'll be loving and laughing all the way to 2016!
Be sure to check back tomorrow morning to find out what my word for 2016 is going to be!
I hope everyone is excited for what I hope will be a happy and healthy 2016 - Happy New Year to you and yours!